June 14: Photo and Link to video of eaglet's release

June 14: Photo and Link to video of eaglet's release

NewMexiKen
Administrator
Shawnlei writes (June 15, 2021

Here is a link to a video of the release of the 2nd Pembroke Pines fledgling yesterday: https://nationalaudubon.box.com/s/81pbijklzzvw8bnz6vhvo7psqjaoebyt. Always so gratifying to see them take to the skies again, especially when they prove us wrong and overcome the limits of their injuries. Please thank everyone again who had a hand in searching for and rescuing this young bird.

I’ve also attached a photo of his leg bands. Keep your eyes out for green K/49 next season in case he decides to visit his natal territory. J

Shawnlei Breeding
Audubon EagleWatch Program Manager
407.644.0190
Pronouns: She, her, hers

Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
1101 Audubon Way
Maitland, FL 32751

Re: June 14: Photo and Link to video of eaglet's release

naturegirl
Great to see this eaglet going back into the wild but I hate to see people throw birds it's totally unnecessary and the incorrect way to handle them should have just let him leave when he was ready. Looked like they tossed him to the ground but at least he was able to fly after the man handling