Nest visit Feb 25 2024

naturegirl
I stopped by the nest which is pretty hard to see but did see at least 1 eaglet moving, the other day one of the adults was spotted on the branch to the right of the nest.

Has anyone else been to the nest recently are there still 2 eaglets?

Re: Nest visit Feb 25 2024

Patti Ann Photography
I was able to verify 2 eaglets when I was there on Wednesday.  The one you are probably talking about was to the right/east of the nest, I assume?? That one is very active and visible.  The other one favors the left/west side of the nest and takes quite awhile to see.  I'm not sure if the bowl is deeper on that side, it tilts backward or what, but it is very hard to see that one, there is also more greenery. I had both parents in sight off the nest and there was a dark figure moving around at that end when the other was out to the east. Sometimes I can make out the beak profile.  It's a tricky nest for sure!! I think once they start branching, we will see them better.

Re: Nest visit Feb 25 2024

naturegirl
Yes it was the right/east side of the nest that was very active.  Good to know the 2 are still there. thx for the update

Re: Nest visit Feb 25 2024

Rockitglider
Hello,

I was there a few days ago and I only saw the one on the right of the nest. I did get a couple of pictures, one is of the adult feeding a string of gut to the chick on the right. You can see the string attached to both birds beaks

Kit
Rockitglider
AKA: Kit O.
Nature Photographer, Model rocket builder, designer and flyer
Remote Control Gliders & Rocket powered Gliders as a hobby,
AUTOCAD engineer professionally for Fire Alarm Systems in Ft. Lauderdale Itnl. Airport (FLL) & PBIA as well.
Website: http://img.gg/a7WNYUF

Re: Nest visit Feb 25 2024

Patti Ann Photography
Nice shots! I went this morning and saw both eaglets being very active, stretching and moving about the nest.  I was glad to see the one that usually hangs to the left being so active.  They are very big now and are thriving!